This Baileys hot chocolate recipe is easy and quick. A steaming cup of this boozy deliciousness is ready in 5 minutes and it’s made with real chocolate.
A mug of hot chocolate is the best way to warm up your body on a cold winter day. And I don’t know about you, but I feel that it also helps me relax after a tiring day.
I make hot chocolate on a stove as for me it’s the easiest way to do. It literally takes minutes to make and tastes divine, especially when you make it to your liking.
If Baileys hot chocolate is not exactly what you are looking for, don’t worry! I have more easy hot chocolate recipes for you on the blog. Spiked with alcohol, alcohol-free, festive or healthy …. I am sure you will find something you like.
Here are a few of them:
- Creamy Limoncello Hot Chocolate
- Gingerbread Hot Chocolate
- Dulce de Leche Hot Chocolate
- Spiked Hot Chocolate
What do I need to make Baileys hot chocolate at home?
- Small sauce pan.
- Whisk or wooden spoon.
- Mug or heat-proof glass.
- Milk, cocoa powder, Baileys Irish Cream, dark chocolate & sugar.
- Optional – toppings of your choice.
How to make hot chocolate with Baileys
In the sauce pan, combine milk, cocoa and dark chocolate. Stir with a whisk until the chocolate has melted. This only takes a few minutes and I highly recommend stirring the milk constantly.
When ready, turn off the heat and stir in Baileys.
Taste it and add sugar to your taste. I used only a little because I knew I would be topping it with chocolate sauce and whipped cream. If you like your hot chocolate on the sweet side, definitely add more sugar.
Tips for making Baileys hot chocolate
- I used dark chocolate with 70% cocoa content. If you don’t like it or don’t have it on hand, you can omit it or use semisweet chocolate instead.
- Instead of sugar, honey can be added to sweeten this hot chocolate.
- Whipped cream, chocolate sauce and chocolate shavings completely optional. They add an extra richness to this Baileys hot chocolate, but it will still taste good without them. You can also top it with some marshmallows, if you like.
Note: The nutrition information does not include the optional toppings.