Cilantro Lime Quinoa – a quinoa recipe for the books. Quick and easy to make, and goes with any Mexican dish! A great alternative to rice!
Quinoa Recipe perfect for any Mexican meal!
Today, I am sharing an easy quinoa recipe, Cilantro Lime Quinoa. This is one of go to side dishes. I love that it is easy to make and healthy! We probably make this easy quinoa recipe once a week, it is so good and good for you too!
This Cilantro Lime Quinoa recipe is very similar to our Cilantro Lime Rice – we just swapped the rice for quinoa. I love the boost of protein from the quinoa. This Quinoa recipe will surely please quinoa fans. The Cilantro Lime Quinoa goes great with any and every Mexican dish – enchiladas, burritos, burrito bowls, fajitas, quesadillas, and tacos.
Tips for Cooking Quinoa
- Make sure you rinse the quinoa before cooking. Quinoa has a natural coating, called saponin, that can make the cooked grain taste bitter or soapy. Place the quinoa in a mesh strainer and rinse under cold water.
- To cook 1 cup quinoa, you need about 2 cups liquid.
- Quick tip for getting extra flavorful quinoa from this, or any savory quinoa recipe: cook the quinoa in vegetable broth or chicken broth.
- You can use a rice cooker or Instant pot to cook quinoa. Follow the manual’s instructions.
- Fluff your quinoa with a fork before serving so it is nice and fluffy.
When the quinoa is done cooking spice it up by adding: garlic, lime juice, and cilantro. That is it! The quinoa has a nice flavor and is the perfect side dish for any Mexican meal.
If you like this cilantro lime quinoa, you might also like:
- Instant Pot Cilantro Lime Rice
- Mexican Rice
- Pico de Gallo
- Mexican Rice Casserole