This gluten free banana muffin recipe turns out light and fluffy, you’ll never believe it’s made mostly of oats and bananas!
It’s hard to find a good gluten free banana muffins recipe. But consider this your new go to! These muffins have been made by many readers and followers who cannot believe how light and fluffy they are. And we can barely believe it ourselves! Alex and I have made many gluten free recipes that come out really dense, or call for hard to find ingredients or gluten free flour blends with additive. This muffins recipe came about from a challenge that Alex and I gave ourselves to make a healthy muffin we wouldn’t feel bad feeding our 2 year old Larson. We think that these healthy banana muffins hit the mark– and we hope you agree! Keep reading for the gluten free muffin recipe.
If you like these muffins, try our Healthy Banana Bread, Healthy Banana Muffins, Vegan Banana Muffins or Apple Oatmeal Muffins!
Why these gluten free muffins?
So, what’s so special about these particular muffins? With so many gluten free muffin recipes on the internet to choose from, here’s why you should make this recipe:
- They’re made with mostly oats and bananas: no GF flours or weird ingredients! These gluten free banana muffins are made with straight up blended oats. So there are no odd ingredients or GF flours. That makes us much more apt to feed them to our toddler for breakfast since it’s more like eating oatmeal and a banana than a muffin.
- No refined sugar! Many muffin recipes are like eating a cupcake for breakfast. Instead, these muffins are lightly sweetened with maple syrup.
- They’re blender muffins! Somehow whizzing everything together in a blender makes for less mess than a normal muffins recipe.
After trying these out for us, one recipe tester said: “These gluten free banana muffins were great and super easy to make. So easy in fact that I’ve made them twice! The entire family enjoyed the recipe — it’s a winner!“
Related: Gluten Free Breakfast Ideas for Everyone | Pistachio Honey Gluten Free Donuts
How to make gluten free banana muffins
Ready to make these gluten free banana muffins? Alex and I make them weekly and our 2 year old Larson gobbles them up. And we feel good about serving them to him since it’s basically like eating oatmeal and a banana! (Not a cupcake.) Here are our secrets to this gluten free muffin recipe:
- Throw bananas, oats, maple, oil, and a few spices in a blender! (see the recipe below)
- BLEND. Pour into muffin cups.
- Bake about 35 minutes! Then let them cool and enjoy.
We’re excited to have a go to for healthy snacks and breakfasts. These gluten free banana muffins also freeze well, so we’ve been freezing them for easy storage. Then we’ll take out a few and pop them into the fridge for use in Larson’s school lunch throughout the week. They hit the spot for sweets cravings too!
Looking for more gluten free recipes?
Outside of these gluten free banana muffins, here are a few of our favorite gluten free recipes:
- Best Fluffy Gluten Free Waffles
- Acai Bowl Recipe
- Banana Oatmeal Pancakes
- Apple Gluten Free Oatmeal Muffins
- Chewy Gluten-Free Skillet Almond Flour Cookie
- Seasoned Baked Potato Wedges
- Triple Cherry Cheesecake
- Mexican Sweet Potatoes
- Quick Cuban Black Beans
- Classic Vegan Potato Salad
- Best Stir Fry Vegetables with Teriyaki
- Gluten Free Oat and Buckwheat Pancakes
- All-Natural Strawberry Yogurt Pie
- Healthy Granola Recipe
- Sweet Potato Hash Browns
- Amazing Gluten Free Chocolate Cake Recipe
This recipe is…
This gluten free banana muffins recipe is vegetarian, gluten free, dairy free, naturally sweet, and have no refined sugar.
More muffins recipes
We’ve got lots more where these come from! Here are our favorite muffin recipes:
- Healthy Blueberry Muffins
- Healthy Zucchini Muffins
- Banana Blueberry Muffins
- Healthy Banana Bread Muffins
- Apple Zucchini Muffins
- Gluten Free Muffins with Apples and Oats
- Vegan Blueberry Muffins
- Strawberry Rhubarb Muffins