Take your healthy baking game to a whole new level with this gluten-free, double chocolate muffin recipe. These ultra-moist muffins make a delicious snack or dessert, and no one will guess that they’re laced with cauliflower.
I’ve never quite understood why some people don’t have an appetite for sweets. My sweet tooth isn’t as strong as it used to be, but I can’t imagine a life without chocolate. Every time I return to Sydney my Mum has a box of Cadbury’s Favorites waiting for me on my dresser (thanks Mum)!
This recipe was borne out of my love of chocolate and my (undeclared) desire to be a better baker. I’ve been experimenting with all sorts of healthy baked good recipes lately, and muffins have become one of my favorite things to whip up on a whim. Since there’s only two of us, I always stash a couple in the freezer for an easy brekkie addition or dessert.
These fluffy, double chocolate muffins are gluten free, ready in under 30, and don’t require any fancy baking equipment. I’ve even managed to squeeze in a
Rate this recipe
dessert, chocolate, snack, gluten-free
Author: Edwina Clark
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup + 1 tbsp canola oil
- ½ cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1.5 cups gluten-free all purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup riced cauliflower (or grated zucchini)
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips (+ 2 tbsp extra for topping)
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C. Line a muffin tin with baking cups.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sugar, eggs, oil, yogurt, and vanilla extract, until the mixture is smooth and shiny.
- Whisk in the baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and cocoa powder.
- Add the flour and riced cauliflower into the mixture. Mix with a wooden spoon until all the ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Add the chocolate chips to the muffin batter and stir until the chocolate chips are evenly distributed throughout the batter.
- Spoon the batter into the baking cups, and top with the remaining 2 tbsp of dark chocolate chips.
- Insert the muffin tray into the oven, and bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when it is inserted into the middle of a muffin.
- Remove the muffin tray from the oven, and serve.