Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe. Just 7 ingredients turn into gooey moist amazing chocolate chip cookies. bonus! It’s a healthy cookie with no oil or butter added.
(Gluten Free, Dairy-Free, Low-sugar, Vegan friendly)
These healthy gluten free chocolate chip cookies are what you and I have been waiting for since the very day I was told I needed to go gluten free.
Best Things about these Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookies?
- Gluten free
- No oil or Butter added!
- This all means I get to eat more cookies!
I made these rocking flourless double chocolate chip cookies not too long ago and oh my word YUM.
However, they definitely are not the healthiest in the world. They are what got me kicked into gear to re-create myself a healthy and gluten free chocolate chip cookie.
Let’s be honest we all need healthy chocolate chip cookies in our life, right? Here is why.
- They complete your soul. Not enough reason? Alright.
- Pulled together with just 7 easy and simple ingredients I bet you’ve got on hand NOW. Meaning you are getting cookies, like, right now.
The sweet and natural ingredients complete these healthy gluten free chocolate chip cookies and really complete my soul. With such simple ingredients, they are still sinfully delicious, moist and so easy to pull together. Told you it’s a winner.
Winner winner healthy chocolate chip cookies for dinner?! Don’t have to tell me twice.
The night I pulled these together I ate so much dough and cookies, I actually did skip dinner. Cookie dough that has zero eggs in it is dangerous. There is nothing stopping me from demolishing every leftover dough bite. Or lets be real, spoonfuls of dough.
Take our healthy cookie dough for a whirl if you desire. 😉 Or our cookie dough overnight oatmeal! *Yes I have a problem with loving cookie dough too much*
These gluten free cookies can most definitely be made with normal flour if desired, they are very similar to my original Skinny Chocolate Chip Cookies I made a couple years back.
We are going to have to create a new Top 5 Healthy Cookie recipe list because these babies deserve a spot. Should I make 4 more cookie recipes to help join the newest addition of cookie heaven?
Yes, I just responded to myself.
I love excuses to make cookies. Cookies are so easy to make in terms of prep and within 15 minutes you can enjoy them with a large glass of milk. Or my favorite is with a cup of tea. Is that odd? R seems to think so.
He also thinks that dark chocolate is the nastiest thing in the world though, which I highly disagree with. I actually made a batch with 100% unsweetened bakers chocolate and he happily ate an entire batch with that chocolate by himself without one acknowledgement they had super bitter chocolate in them.
Told you dark chocolate is delicious. Wife is always right.
PEANUT FREE ALTERNATIVE TO THESE COOKIES – You can use sunflower butter in replacement of the peanut butter. Beware that SOMETIMES sunflower butter can turn green after baking. For some reason it doesn’t happen to us everything single time. It’s actually nothing to worry about and they are perfectly safe to eat this way.. actually they are fantastic alternative to making green cookies for holidays without food dye!
I need some rich dark chocolate in my life. Those antioxidants need to assist my body on repairing itself. We’ve for some reason (I’m a glutton for punishment) signed up for a half-marathon one month from now. My shoulder is holding up, however the rest of my body is screaming at me.
Between the long runs for training and cookbook editing I’m making an executive decision and deciding I truly have earned these healthy chocolate chip cookies.
My other executive decision is that you do too. <3
Don’t believe me? See for yourself just how easy these healthy chocolate chip cookies are to make!
Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookies
Gluten free, low sugar, vegan friendly
- 1 cup gluten-free flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup honey (agave nectar for vegan diet)
- 4 Tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 4 ounces unsweetened applesauce
- 3 ounces 70-88% dark chocolate bar, crushed
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350° F
- Prepare baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone mat
- In a medium bowl add the flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix together.
- Stir in the vanilla extract, honey, peanut butter, applesauce. Stir until fully combined.
- Fold in the crushed dark chocolate and mini chocolate chips
- Mixture will be slightly sticky. Drop the dough onto baking sheet by the Tablespoon.
- They were not spread out during being baked so make sure you have them looking the way you want them to look. I personally like to flatten them and make them more of a circle cookie.
- Bake them for 8-11 minutes or until they have risen and are golden brown.
Other nutrition information: Serving Size: 1 cookie , Calories: 130 , Total Fat: 4.5g , Saturated Fat: 1.9g , Sodium: 80mg , Total Carb: 22g , Dietary Fiber: 1g , Sugar: 8g , Protein: 2g
How much did you love this recipe?
Click a star to let me know: