Make Instant Pot Chicken Breast from frozen chicken in minutes with the convenience of your Instant Pot or pressure cooker!
We’ve all been there. It’s 5pm and time to make dinner but you didn’t take anything out of the freezer and you’re not quite sure just what to make. Well, I have the answer! Thanks to the handy Instant Pot you can get your frozen chicken breasts cooked and ready for a variety of meals in just minutes! That’s right, break out your chicken because we’re going to talk about how you can make Instant Pot Chicken Breasts!
INSTANT POT CHICKEN BREAST
Like this recipe? Pin it to your INSTANT POT pinboard!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
Cooked chicken breasts are a great start to so many meals; you can use them in chicken enchiladas, salads, soups, sandwiches and more. And I love the convenience of starting with frozen chicken breasts because who has time (or who remembers) to thaw those out? And the process couldn’t be simpler.
Cooking Chicken Breast in Instant Pot
- Simply grab a bag of your favorite frozen chicken breasts and pull out 3-4 breasts.
- Coat each breast in your favorite seasonings: we like using seasoning salt, garlic salt, and pepper.
- Place the breasts in the Instant Pot.
- Cover the breasts with a half cup of liquid: water, chicken stock or our favorite, water with Better than Bouillon.
- Add the lid, move the valve to sealing and set your Instant Pot or pressure cooker on Manual (high pressure) for 12 minutes.
- Let it come to pressure and once the timer is done, let it naturally release for 5 minutes and then if you’re ready for the chicken you can quick release the rest.
How long to cook chicken breast in instant pot
- For frozen chicken breasts in instant pot, cook them for 12 minutes on high pressure.
- For fresh chicken breasts, you’ll want to cook them for 7 minutes on high pressure.
- For firm chicken you can dice up, do a quick release immediately after cooking.
- For tender chicken you can shred, let you Instant Pot naturally release for 5 minutes and then quick release.
Seasoning Instant Pot Chicken Breasts
The great things about starting with Instant Pot frozen chicken breasts is that you can use a general seasoning like we did here or based on what you’re using the chicken for, you can mix it up! If you’re using chicken in tacos or enchiladas, you can season the chicken with your favorite taco mix or cumin, chili powder and onion powder. If you’re using chicken in pasta dishes or sandwiches, try seasoning with your favorite Italian seasoning! Or if you’re like me and like a little ranch dressing on everything, try adding a little ranch dressing seasoning to your chicken for more flavor.
If you’re a fan of easy Instant Pot meals like we are, try this top rated Instant Pot Wendy’s Copycat Chili or these delicious Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Sliders!
Make your Instant Pot your best friend with these delicious recipes!
- Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes
- Instant Pot Chicken Chili
- Pressure Cooker Pot Roast
- Instant Pot Meatball Soup
- Pressure Cooker Lemon Chicken
- More dinner recipes…
Tools used to make this Instant Pot Chicken Breast recipe
Instant Pot: This all-in-one cooker is the best thing I’ve put on my countertop! It’s a pressure cooker, slow cooker, makes rice in minutes, and more!
Tongs: A good pair of tongs is a kitchen essential. I like having a couple sizes – a longer set for grilling and a shorter set for stovetop cooking.