If you love brownies and you love cookies, you must try making Brownie Cookies. They are so rich and decadent while being incredibly simple to make.
You have to make these cookies! I don’t want to tell you what to do, but you HAVE to make these.
If you like chocolate, make them. If you like cookies, make them. If you like easy, make them.
I think you get the idea. Make them, make them, make them!! 😉 They are that good!
I must say this brownie cookies recipe from scratch is my new favorite cookie!
I was in search of a new cookie to make – something quick and easy – to take to a church function. I came across a recipe I tore out of an old Cooking Light magazine.
It definitely had potential, but I didn’t have everything on hand so I had to improvise a bit. All I can say is wow!
I will also say that I took about 6 dozen cookies with me and I didn’t bring any home!! Everyone was gobbling these cookies up and going back for more.
The Chocolate Brownie Cookies were a huge hit at the church function!
Everyone loves these cookies. Friends and family literally go crazy over these delicious Chocolate Brownie Cookies!
We have also made these cookies for holiday cookie exchange parties. It is a nice change from traditional sugar cookies and chocolate chip cookies.
By the end of the party, everyone was asking for the recipe. They could not believe how simple these cookies are to make.
What makes these Cookie Brownies so amazing?
These cookies are ever so slightly crisp on the outside and very moist and chewy on the inside. When I tasted the first one, I thought they might be a bit too rich (and I have a very BIG chocolate sweet tooth), but after the fifth cookie I decided they were perfect! 😉
The first time I made these cookies, I added some chocolate chips for some extra yummy chocolate-y goodness. Delicious!
Everyone loves when I make these. They are so easy to make and come together so quickly so I don’t mind making these cookies often.
What about Brownie Cookies without chocolate chips?
They are tasty with just cocoa powder. However you make these cookies will be amazing.
On a suggestion, I added white chocolate chips and butterscotch chips (separately) the next time I made them and I was not disappointed. Maybe the butterscotch brownie cookies are my new favorite.
Dark chocolate chips are also really good in these cookies. I bet you could also try peanut butter chocolate chips. Yum!
There are so many options here. What will you add to the chocolate brownie cookies?
Some of our favorite options include:
- nuts- walnut and pecan are tasty!
- chocolate chips
- butterscotch chips
- peanut butter chips
White Chocolate Chips
Ingredients for Chewy Chocolate Brownie Cookies:
- 2 cups flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons melted butter (or 10 tablespoons)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup plus 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
How to make Brownie Cookies with cocoa powder:
- Preheat oven to 350 F (175 C). Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray or use baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small mixing bowl and set aside.
- Pour melted butter in a large bowl. Add both sugars and cocoa powder. Mix until combined with electric mixer until well combined. Your brownie batter will look a bit gritty. Try chilling the dough if it is too sticky.
- Add sour cream and vanilla to the butter mixture. Mix well with hand mixer.
- Gradually add flour mixture to the butter mixture. If you would like to add baking chips or nuts, do it now. The dough will be thick and sticky.
- Spoon by rounded teaspoon (I used my smallest cookie scoop) onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 F for 8-10 minutes. Do not over bake them. They will still be quite soft with the melting chocolate. You will know they are done when they have a slight crusting around the outside. Don’t extend the baking time.
- Cool slightly and remove to a wire rack to cool completely. Enjoy!
Tip for making Brownie Cookies:
I highly recommend using a cookie scoop. You will thank me later because it saves so much time on spooning out the cookies.
Plus, they are not expensive. Amazon has some cookie scoops for very cheap. I bought the three pack, so I can use the smaller two for cookies and then the bigger one to fill up cupcakes.
Try these Fudgy Brownie Cookies that everyone will love!
They are so sweet and delicious! Make these cookies your own and try different variations.
These cookies are so versatile and really yummy. We are all the time trying new ways to make these and adding new ingredients.
It is a great base recipe to incorporate all your favorite things. You seriously can’t go wrong with these Brownie Cookies.
I almost always have the ingredients on hand and can throw these cookies together quickly and easily. They are are budget friendly and much cheaper than buy mixes at the store.
You can also try Thin Crispy Brownie Cookies.
If you prefer a thin and more crispy cookie, you will love the extra crunch. My kids like when I make them a little thinner for a crispy cookie.
I prefer the soft fudge like consistency though. They are yummy however you make them though.
Print this Brownie Cookie Recipe:
Learn how to make this Easy Homemade Brownies Recipe for a quick dessert any day of the week.
Funfetti cookies recipe can be ready in under 20 minutes for a tasty treat.
Try these other easy cookie recipes:
- Cake Mix Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
- Grinch Cookies Recipe
- Red Velvet Cookies Recipe
- Chocolate Butterscotch Cake Mix Cookie Bars
- How to make Cookie cake with Cake mix
- Quick and Easy 4th of July Cake mix Cookies Recipe
- Lemon Cake Mix Cookie Recipe