Baked zucchini chips recipe & content via Chef Vanessa Musi
These baked zucchini chips take minutes to make and deliver a savory, satisfying crunch. Add your favorite spices or paleo-friendly dip, and they satisfy just about any salty craving.
Related: Low-Carb Paleo Herb & Almond Flour Crackers
These baked zucchini chips are inspired by fried green tomatoes. Despite their delicious tart and tomatoey flavor, fried green tomatoes include nightshades that can cause inflammation and brain fog. This recipe not only uses clean, paleo-friendly ingredients, it also skips the frying and uses your oven to create the perfect crunch.
Pair baked zucchini chips with simple avocado oil mayo, or amp up the flavor with black olive tapenade.
Paleo Crispy Baked Zucchini Chips
Start to Finish: 20 minutes (5 minutes active)
- 1 large organic zucchini sliced thin (use a mandolin or slice evenly with a very sharp chef’s knife)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil or grass-fed ghee, melted
- Sea salt to taste
- Fresh, high-quality cajun spices, or your favorite anti-inflammatory spice blend
- Freshly ground pepper to taste (optional)
- 1/8 cup ground paleo crackers
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot powder
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking tray with a silicone liner (recommended) or parchment paper.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine oil or ghee, salt, pepper, and spices. Add sliced zucchini and mix well just to combine, making sure all slices are coated.
- In another larger bowl, prepare the bread crumb mixture: Mix arrowroot with ground crackers.
- Add zucchini slices to the crumb mixture and mix well. Make sure they are well coated.
- Place coated zucchini slices onto the tray and bake until light and crisp, between 15 and 20 minutes, flipping halfway through. If chips appear to brown too much, lower baking temperature.
- Let baked zucchini chips cool slightly and serve immediately with avocado mayo or tapenade.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
- Calories: 437
- Fat: 36.6g
- Saturated Fat: 4.1g
- Salt: 272mg
- Carbs: 21.9g
- Fiber: 9.7g
- Sugar: 7.6g
- Net Carbs: 12.2g
- Protein: 16.2g
- Calcium: 49mg
- Iron: 3mg
- Potassium: 1162mg
Want more recipes?
Subscribe to our Recipe Lab newsletter where deliciousness is delivered to your inbox every week!