If you didn’t already love snowball cookies, you will now! These Peppermint Snowball Cookies are everything a Christmas cookie should be! Easy, beautiful, and packed with flavor! A double dusting of powdered sugar gives these easy snowball cookies an extra sweet finish. Love peppermint treats? Make sure to try this Chocolate Peppermint 4 Layer Dessert and Peppermint Crunch Popcorn!
I love making snowball cookies. They are truly one of the easiest recipes out there and you can make them with virtually any flavor and a variety of add-ins. There’s a few things that I do with my snowball cookies that I think you should do too.
Snowball Cookie Tips
- One. I chill my dough. I know. We’re busy, we don’t have a lot of time, etc., etc. But, if you want a more rounded snowball cookie, chilling the dough definitely helps.
- Two. I make my cookies small. Like, pop in your mouth kind of small. Wanna know why? Envision what happens when you take a bite out of one of these delectable cookies…that’s right. Your little black dress, or, in my case, my little black PJs, are instantly covered in a fine dusting of powdered sugar. Festive? Yes. Classy? No. Keep these bad boys small and your clothes and floor will thank you.
- Three. I am all about a double coating of powdered sugar. Many people like to gently dust the powdered sugar on after the cookies have cooled. Mmhhmm, you people are not my people. I like to dust my cookies with powdered sugar about 5 minutes after they come out of the oven and then, once cooled, roll them around in a bowl of powdered sugar until they are liberally coated.
Using a dusting wand makes a lot less mess and an more even coating. Get one.
- Note: do not roll the cookies until they have completely cooled. These cookies are fragile when warm and will just completely fall apart on you.
Food Coloring – Optional
So you’ll notice the pink interior…totally optional. I thought I was adding red food coloring because, well, the lid to my food color was red. But it was really pink. Thank you Wilton for confusing me. No really, I kinda love the pink! Would be perfect for Valentine’s too! (Make sure you use gel food coloring – it’s my favorite!)
I added some Andes Peppermint Baking Chips to the dough and I love the extra peppermint-y flavor they give these cookies!
Snowball Cookies for Every Occasion
I’m admittedly obsessed with snowball cookies. They are perfect for every occasion and look so pretty on a cookie tray. Here are a few more of our favorite snowball cookie recipes:
- Mint Chocolate Chip Snowball Cookies
- Key Lime Snowball Cookies
And that’s it! Super easy to make and totally pretty!
More Peppermint Treats
- Practically Perfect Peppermint Fudge
- Peppermint Shortbread Cookies
- Peppermint Mocha Fudge
- Slow Cooker Peppermint White Hot Chocolate
- Peppermint Fluff – Just 4 Ingredients!
How To Make Peppermint Snowball Cookies
For all cookie recipes, go HERE.
For all dessert recipes, go HERE.
Sign up to get emails when I post new recipes!
For even more great ideas follow me on Facebook – Pinterest – Instagram – Twitter – Bloglovin’.