Easy and delicious, these roasted breakfast potatoes are the perfect recipe for your weekend morning brunch! They’re vegan, gluten free and require just a few simple ingredients and are ready in 30 minutes!
It’s been a hot minute since I’ve had a good brunch. Fluffy chocolate chip pancakes, vegan waffles, roasted breakfast potatoes, the ultimate green smoothie, banana muffins… I’m making myself hungry just thinking about it.
These potatoes are the perfect addition to your next brunch and require just a few simple ingredients you probably already have on hand!
Breakfast potato ingredients
- Potatoes: You can use either yukon gold or red potatoes. I do not recommend using russet potatoes as these tend to be more dry.
- Red Bell Pepper: Any color bell pepper will work, but my personal favorite is red and yields the best flavor.
- Yellow onion: Can also be subbed for a white or red onion, but yellow onion will have the best flavor.
- Olive oil: To make sure nothing sticks to the pan and to ensure the spices DO stick to the potatoes.
- Fresh Garlic AND garlic powder: Using both fresh garlic and garlic powder yields a stronger flavor.
- Paprika: For a little spice and flavor.
- Old Bay Seasoning: For lots of savory flavor.
- Salt & pepper: Again, for flavor! What are potatoes without salt?!
How to make breakfast potatoes
To make these roasted breakfast potatoes, first chop the peppers, onion and the potatoes and add them to a large mixing bowl. Then you’ll toss them with olive oil and the minced garlic. Finally, add in the salt, pepper and all seasonings and mix until everything is well coated.
Next, throw them in a large baking dish, bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 25 minutes. You will then increase the temperature to 425 for about 10 extra minutes so the potatoes get nice and crispy on the outside but stay soft on the inside.
You’ll know the potatoes are done when they have a nice golden color on the outside and they can be easily stabbed with a fork.
Recipe tips, tricks, and FAQ’s
- Can you reheat breakfast potatoes? YES! These roasted potatoes reheat really well in either the microwave or the oven. If heating in the oven, preheat the oven to about 200 degrees Fahrenheit, which will be just hot enough to warm them up but not burn the potatoes.
- Once prepared, these potatoes will keep in the fridge for 5 days. Keep them in an air tight container for best results.
- These potatoes are very customizable, so feel free to add any additional spices or herbs of your choice. Fresh rosemary, hot sauce, cayenne pepper are all delicious!
- This recipe as written is not all that spicy, so feel free to adjust according to your spice tolerance.
Need more breakfast recipes? Try these!
- Almond Flour Waffles (Vegan & Paleo)
- Caramelized Banana Oatmeal
- Fluffy Gluten Free Buckwheat Pancakes
- Blueberry Overnight Oats
Follow along on on instagram and subscribe to my email list for more recipes and updates. Leave a comment and rating below if you try this recipe and let us know how it turns out!